Members of the Amelia Island Genealogical Society volunteer their time to undertake projects, approved by the Board of Directors, designed to increase access to genealogical data or related cultural resources
- A new page has been added, Area Deaths, which will index obituaries and death notices from the Fernandina Beach News Leader January 1, 2016 to present. The project has been expanded to include transcription of clipping of obituaries from 1992 - 2007 & 2013 - 2015.
Bosque Bello Photo Survey
- Teams of AIGS volunteers have been photographically documenting the new section of Bosque Bello Cemetery and the photos have been added to our database. Teams will begin photographing the Old Section of Bosque Bello and adding the photos to our database.
Bosque Bello Old Military
- This project will Photograph the Military Graves in the old Section of the Bosque Bello Cemtery.
Brandy Branch Photo Survey
- A member of the Society completed a photo survey of the Brandy Branch Cemetery and the photos have been added to the Societies On-line Database.
Genealogy Q & A at Library
- The Society provides a Genealogy Q & A help session, at the Fernandina Beach Branch Library. Dates and hours are listed in the "Library Q & A Volunteers" link under the "MEMBERS" header.
Houston Cemetery Photo Survey
- Jean Mann, Mike Toomey and Jim Miller have completed a photo survey of the Houston Cemetery on Big Talbot Island. 6/19/2015
Huggins Collection Scanning
- The Huggins Manuscript Collection of 172 surname/subject files is housed at the Fernandina Beach Branch Library and available for viewing by appointment only. The Library Committee has begun test digitization, and images will be uploaded to the AIGS website for viewing as the process is refined.
Judd Cemetery Photo Survey
- A team of volunteers from the Society completed a photo survey of the Judd cemetery. The photos have been added to the Societies On-line Database and a report is being prepared documenting the survey process and results.
Nassau County Draft Call-up
- Mike Toomey has completed the transcription of 234 draftees from Nassau County. We are now looking for volunteers to verify the transcriptions before we add it to our database. 6/19/2015
Photograph Deep Creek Cemetery
- Photograph the Deep creek Cemetery Graves and add them to the Cemetery Collection.
Suggest a Project
To suggest a project for the Society to undertake visit the Contacts page and send us an email with details.